This weekend, Phoenix gives away free comic books and uses the force – all in the same day.
And don’t worry if you forget that this Saturday is Star Wars Day, your social media feeds will be filled with people reminding you.
Thursday, May 2nd
Wait, Wait… Don’t Tell Me! Live
This one’s for you NPR junkies. Of course, if you listen to the station at all you probably already know about this event. The often hilarious and always witty quiz show is broadcasting live to theaters. Special guest: Steve Martin!
Honestly? I’d probably go just for Mo Rocca because I like saying his name. Go ahead… say it… Mo Rocca.
Saturday, May (The) 4th
Free Comic Book Day!
It’s the perfect day to explore the world of comics – especially if you’re a new-comer.
Almost every event will be loaded with comic book fans, artists, and writers:
- Drawn to Comics
- Heroes Comics
- Dr Fantasy Comics
- Arizona Mini Comic Expo! at Samurai Comics Mesa
- Pop Culture Paradise is going with a Dr Who theme for the day.
- Ash Ave Comics is raffling off tickets to see Neil Gaiman this June.
- Jesse James is going two full days! (Note: I don’t think Jesse James sleeps. Like, ever. May not be human.)
Plus all of the other comic shops around town will be up to something, I’m sure.
Star Wars Day!
Do you love Star Wars and terrible puns? Me too! Let’s celebrate May The Fourth together!
- Bookmans Phoenix is getting into the Star Wars spirit at 6pm.
- But I’ve got to hand it to Bookmans in Tucson for going all out, including a Freaking Twelve Foot Death Star Pinata!!! (I better get pics), a Star Wars version of Beat The Geek (I am providing some of the trivia) and even 21+ activities after 8pm. At the Hotel Congress in Tucson.
- Last, but not least, I‘ll be at The Torch Theatre in Phoenix, talking about Star Wars and letting improv actors do the rest.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Let me know if I missed anything awesome. Be excellent to each other.
The rest of this post is brought to you by my 17 month old daughter who really wanted to contribute:
n nb ng