This weekend, the Phoenix area brings out the geeks, nerds, gamers, boy wizards, and otakus.
This is seriously one nerdy weekend, comrades. Take advantage.
Thursday, Feb 21st
Geeks’ Night Out! [Tempe]
Nerd Night Phoenix
- The most random of subjects seem to come up these things.
- Open your mind and spend the evening learning about hackers, hierophants, & honed-down thinkers.
- Free to attend!
- Starts at 7pm at Carly’s Bistro in Phoenix.
KAMEN RIDER V3: 40th Anniversary [Phoenix]
- It’s time once again to get your old-school Japanese show on.
- Join other fans at The Film Bar around 9pm for a few Kamen Rider episodes.
Friday, Feb 22nd
Dust Day Southwest [Glendale]
- If you’re big into dieselpunk table-top battles, I may have just filled in your weekend.
- There are some “Texas sized” games of Dust going on Friday & Saturday in Glendale.
- Join other players at Imperial Outpost Games starting around 5pm.
- Oh yeah, Paolo Parente will be there with a few friends.
Potted Potter! [Mesa]
Saturday, Feb 23rd
Phoenix Comicon At The Scottsdale Street Fair
Matsuri: Festival of Japan! [Phoenix]
- Our friends in the East export some crazy geek stuff for us to consume.
- Celebrate their awesome culture at Matsuri!
- At Heritage & Science park from 10am to 5pm.
- Get details.
What sounds fun to you? Let me know what you might make it to, or what I may have missed.
See you at Geeks’ Night Out?