This weekend, the Phoenix area brings out the geeks, nerds, gamers, boy wizards, and otakus.
This is seriously one nerdy weekend, comrades. Take advantage.
Thursday, Feb 21st
- There’s a huge “comicon” atmosphere, so come in costume and/or enjoy others who do.
- I will be wearing my Lightning Octopus shirt for easy identification and the highest of fives.
- Festivities include live music, artists, robots!, a TARDIS, game truck, costume contest, and more.
- The nerds will take over from 5pm to 10pm on Mill Avenue. It’s free!
- The most random of subjects seem to come up these things.
- Open your mind and spend the evening learning about hackers, hierophants, & honed-down thinkers.
- Free to attend!
- Starts at 7pm at Carly’s Bistro in Phoenix.
KAMEN RIDER V3: 40th Anniversary [Phoenix]
- It’s time once again to get your old-school Japanese show on.
- Join other fans at The Film Bar around 9pm for a few Kamen Rider episodes.
Friday, Feb 22nd
- Two actors take you through all 7 Harry Potter books in 70 minutes.
- I am… intrigued…
- ::strokes wizard beard::
- Shows all weekend at the Mesa Arts Center – most at 7:30pm.
Saturday, Feb 23rd
- Combine the two and you have a breezy outdoor afternoon filled with comic books and costumes.
- Plus you may win a few Phoenix Comicon memberships.
- Goes from 11am to 5pm at the south side of The Pavilions Shopping Center.
- Our friends in the East export some crazy geek stuff for us to consume.
- Celebrate their awesome culture at Matsuri!
- At Heritage & Science park from 10am to 5pm.
- Get details.
What sounds fun to you? Let me know what you might make it to, or what I may have missed.
See you at Geeks’ Night Out?