This weekend, Phoenix celebrates bionic women, tech, wenches, books, and ancient eeeevil.
An interesting blend of geekery this weekend. Get out and try something new!
Thursday, Feb 14th
SciFi Dinner: The Bionic Woman [East Mesa]
- Spend your Valentine’s Day discussing the perfect woman.
- (Well, from a cybernetically enhanced perspective anyway.)
- Part of the whole superhero deal going on at ASU East this week.
- Starts around 6pm at the ASU PolyTech Student Union.
Friday, Feb 15th
48 West [Chandler]
- Involved in the tech industry (or want to be) and love food & music?
- 48 West is popping into existence this year to bring some of that SXSW flavor to the valley.
- It’s going down in downtown Chandler on Friday & Saturday.
Saturday, Feb 16th
Arizona Renaissance Festival
- I neglected to mention this last week, when it officially started – so, time to repent.
- Spend your weekend with wenches and jesters and kings and wenches and mutton and lutes and wenches.
- From 10am to 6pm way out east in their temporary kingdom.
- I should really make it out to this this year. I’ve never been.
Big Ol’ Gigantic Book Sale [Phoenix]
Cult Classics: Big Trouble In Little China [Tempe]