This weekend, Phoenix tries science, runs around in costume, beams up, and hangs out with Cory Doctorow.
Some pretty great stuff this weekend, most of it crammed into Saturday.
Saturday, Feb 9th
- Aww yeah, an entire month of events involving science, technology, and awesomeness.
- Science is happening all over the place, so be sure to browse their site and see what’s going on around you.
- It’s pretty crazy just how many events they’ve crammed into the next 30 (or so) days.
- (Yes, that’s really the name.)
- Speaking of crazy events, you’ve gotta check this event out.
- It basically involves wearing a costume, pushing a decorated shopping cart, and acting insane.
- Benjamin over at Jackalope Ranch has a great write up on it. See if it’s up your alley.
- Starts at 1pm at Margaret T. Hance Park.
- An evening of debauchery and nerdery!
- This party parade is known for having a few steampunk, Star Wars, and comic book characters participating.
- Parade starts at 4pm, check their site for a map.
Voyage Trekkers Season 2 Screening [Phoenix]
Sunday, Feb 10th
- Those familiar with Doctorow (sci-fi author / activist / coeditor of boingboing.net) should be excited.
- The man is visiting Changing Hands at 2pm for the usual reading and signing, etc.
- He’s also visiting ASU the next day (Feb 11th, 10:30am) to discuss hacking, activism, & ethics.
- Pretty sweet, my friends. Pret-ty sweet.
Let me know what sounds fun to you, and what I may have missed, that we may all partake!