Rejoice, for the Phoenix Comicon 2013 Badge Art Contest is upon us!
Previous years have proven we have some amazing talent around here.
Here are the rules of engagement from their site:
- This year, we will not be using Facebook for voting on badge art. While we will not be using Facebook as a voting tool, please feel free to promote your art through Facebook and any other social media outlet. In fact, please do: We encourage it!
- Anybody that is “buying,” “trading,” or “botting” (programs or machine assistance for adding votes) will automatically be disqualified from the contest.
- Volunteers can vote during the online initial voting process. The final selection will be done by a group of wizards and orcs comprised of staff from the Marketing Department. No volunteer who enters art will be involved in the selection process.
- Please keep all badge art submissions PG & family friendly. Any badge art that is political, has sexual references, or has any product placements will be disqualified.
- File formats that are accepted: .eps, .pdf, ai, .jpg, .tif, .psd
- Final art pieces must be in the dimensions of 4×3″ and 4×7″. Please note that all badges submitted need to be in horizontal and vertical view. Templates will be available.
- There is a limit of 3 badges of artwork per person.
- All art work must be 150-300 dpi before submitting for judging. (Anything lower will be rejected)
- Be sure that all names of those involved in the badge creation are listed with the submission.
- Last year we had an amazing number of entries so we have changed the selection process
This year the process will have 3 stages:
First stage: Selecting artwork by a designated team to limit the number of badges voted on.
Second Stage: The second stage of the voting process is done by you, the public!!
Third Stage: The final selection will be done by a group of wizards and orcs comprised of staff from the Marketing Department. No volunteer who enters art will be involved in this final selection process
- Submissions for Badge Artwork start January 31st and will run through March 15th at 11:59pm
- Public Voting begins March 25th
- Voting closes April 21st 11:59
There will be April 29th winner announcements.
How to Submit:
Just email the entries to BadgeArt@phoenixcomicon.com!
Make sure your art meets the following specifications:
- 4.25in x 3.25in AND 4.25in x 7.25in (you must send both horizontal and vertical)
- JPG, TIF, EPS, PNG or PDF
Now get on it!