This weekend, Phoenix dabbles with Plan 9, lasers, banned SciFi, and the undead.
And you thought this would be just another weekend.
Thursday, Jan 31st
Rifftrax Live! Plan 9 From Outer Space! [Everywhere]
- Ahh, the worst movie ever made.
- “You see? You see? Your stupid minds! Stupid! Stupid!”
- Unleash the guys from MST3K on them and have a great night; you can watch 30 Rock later.
- Shows start at 7:30 at random theaters throughout the valley.
Friday, Feb 1st
Artcade Show! [Phoenix]
- This should be pretty sweet – arcade machines as art!
- Plus live music, free classic gaming, SFII tournament, and general retro-nerdery.
- Starts at 5pm and goes and goes at Parazol Studios.
A Clockwork Orange [Phoenix]
- [Insert milk reference.]
- Join other fans of Mr Kubrik’s [in]famous mind screw.
- Starts at 7pm at the Phoenix Art Museum.
Saturday, Feb 2nd
Chess & Lasers [Chandler]
- Spend your Saturday geeking out over two things nerds tend to love.
- Gangplank is inviting everyone out to help create this chess set… with lasers!
- Starts at 10am and goes until the set is complete (scheduled until 5pm).
Zombie Night at LAN Speed Games [Peoria]
- Their Facebook page actually describes this event quite elegantly:
- 5 hours of nothing but ZOMBIES!
- ZOMBIE games!
- ZOMBIE prizes!
- ZOMBIE movies, to include THE WALKING DEAD SHOW!
- LSG ZOMBIES?! Ya you read it right!
- Beautiful… Learn all about it over here.