This weekend, Phoenix has a comic book convention downtown, Riffs a bad movie, and kicks the kids out so it can play Atari.
Bummer news from AACC, but should still be a good time:
Thursday, Jan 24th
Rifftrax Live! Manos: The Hands of Fate [Everywhere]
- If you love bad movies as much as I do, then get tickets now and go to this.
- The guys behind MST3K will be riffing Manos (a wonderfully awful movie) and broadcasting it to theaters.
- A few theaters ’round these parts are participating – show starts at 7:30pm.
- Here are some more details.
Friday, Jan 25th
- It’s year number three for this comic book convention!
- Even though Stan Lee can’t make it (not feeling well), comic book fans should be excited that Jim Lee is still coming.
- All weekend at the Phoenix Convention Center.
- Everything you need to know is on their site.
- The Phoenix Children’s Museum is kicking out all the kids and inviting all the grown ups inside for 80′s night!
- Food trucks, cash bars, retro games, Atari walls, & slinky races.
- Tickets are $15, get them if you can.
- From 7pm to 11pm.
Saturday, Jan 26th
- A great opportunity for any of you breaking into YA or Middle Grade.
- Not cheap, but you’ll spend the entire day with experienced experts.
- Learn all about heroes, villains, and essentials of SciFi & Fantasy.
- All day at Dobson High.
Get out, have fun, slay your weekend.