This weekend, Phoenix battles giant robots, knights who say NI, nihilists, and the end of the world itself.
A lot of great stuff at The Film Bar this weekend, for some reason:
Thursday, Dec 20th
- Y’all have seen the Pacific Rim trailer, right?
- Psych yourself up even more with old Japanese robot cartoons.
- At The Film Bar starting around 8pm.
Friday, Dec 21st
Monty Python & The Holy Grail [Phoenix]
- Enjoy Brave Sir Robin, huge tracks of land, and killer bunnies.
- Bring out your dead if you have to.
- Also at The Film Bar starting around 8pm.
End of The World Party: Nerd Style [Glendale]
- So I promised myself I wouldn’t post about any “End of The World” parties…
- (There are at least seven trillion going on.)
- But this one broke my eye-rolling exterior by being all about pirates.
- Starts at 7pm at someone’s horse property – get details here.
Saturday, Dec 22nd
The Big Lebowski
- Abide, my friends.
- At The Film Bar around 9pm.
Nightmare Before Christmas Party [Mesa]
- What’s this? What’s this?
- Jack Skellingtons everywhere?
- Feel free to dress up, or just enjoy the black and white stripes/spirals.
- At Monsterland around 9pm.
Have fun! Let me know if I missed anything.