This weekend, Phoenix hangs out with gamers, the dead, comic book junkies, browncoats, and steampunkers.
I hope you had a great Halloween – now have a great weekend!
Thursday, Nov 1st
- Meet some folks from Ubisoft, Bioware, Microsoft, & more.
- Going on all weekend at The University of Advancing Technology.
- Free and open to the public.
- Learn a little more and register here.
Friday, Nov 2nd
- Fill your evening with a random mix of undead entertainment.
- The Day of The Dead will be celebrated with dancers, b-movies and more.
- At the Phoenix Art Museum at 7pm.
- Watch as teenagers take on a modern adaptation of Dracula.
- Honestly? I just think it’s awesome that this is their high school play.
- Starts at 7pm and should be pretty entertaining.
Saturday, Nov 3rd
- Mini-roadtrip down to Tucson for two full days of comicon glory.
- Local awesomeness, cosplaying, and general convention-ness shall ensue.
- At the Tucson Convention Center Saturday and Sunday.
- Learn all about it.
- Geek out in the Whedonverse.
- Just show up and meet other fans.
- At Samurai Comics around 5pm.
- Enjoy these shindig shindetails.
- Absorb as much steampunk grandeur as you possibly can in one night.
- It’s the Wild Wild West Con 2013 kickoff party, masquerade style.
- Costumes are highly encouraged, as are masks – neither are required.
- At the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel in Tempe starting around 6pm.
Get out, have fun, do something different and interesting.
Let me know what I missed in the comments.