This weekend, Phoenix follows Captain Picard, goes to Mars, hacks games, and beats the crap out of itself on screen.
Same old weekend? Here, have a weird one instead:
Thursday, Nov 29th
Star Trek: TNG – Season 2 Event [All Over]
- Ah, the second season of TNG; so much good, so much… other stuff.
- Relive the best moments (Why hello there, Borg!) and best hair-dos (Worf!) that Season 2 has to offer.
- Q Who and Measure of a man will both be screened.
- Find a theater, get tickets, pretend to rub Picard’s head – starts at 7pm.
Jackie Kashian [Tempe]
Friday, Nov 30th
Arizona Pastorela: Mission to Mars [Phoenix]
- If you like your local stage comedy heavy on the topical humor, look no further.
- This satire sends Sheriff Joe to Mars, hunting for “alien” birth certificates.
- At the Phoenix Little Theatre, starting at 7:30pm.
Saturday, Dec 1st
HackPHX Html5 Gaming Hackathon [Mesa]
- Fill your entire Saturday with hacking, games, and food.
- You may even win a Nexus 7!
- Free and open to any skill level. Sounds awesome!
- Register then show up at HeatSync Labs at 10am.
Cult Classics: Fight Club! [Tempe]
- Finish off your crazy weekend by enjoying a bloody Brad Pitt and Edward Norton!
- Relive what it’s like to be Jack’s Medulla Oblongata!
- Starts at 9:30pm at Pollack Tempe Cinema. Show tends to sell out, so grab tickets.
- (I knew I could make it through without any “the first rule of” jokes!)
Let me know if I missed anything, and have a great weekend!