This weekend, Arizona has two geek conventions, a steampunk celebration, listens to me ramble about Firefly, and pursues the six-fingered man.
You may need to make some mini-roadtrips to maximize your geek levels, but once again there’s lots to do.
Friday, Nov 9th
- What the… another con in Tucson?
- Yep – all weekend long at The Hotel Tucson City Center.
- “The best little SciFi, Fantasy, Horror convention in Arizona!”
- Learn all about it here.
- One of my favorite local events – these end up being mini-comicons.
- The Victorian retro-future is everywhere, from costumes to vendors to inventions.
- All evening (usually picks up around 7pm) in Downtown Mesa.
- Here’s the official website for more.
Saturday, Nov 10th
- Perfect event if you’re interested at all in blogging/podcasting, or just want to learn more.
- At the University of Advancing Technology – starting at 8:30am and going all day and Sunday
- I’ll be on stage in the theater at 3pm to talk about “Turning Followers Into Browncoats.”
- You should come! It’s totally free.
The Princess Bride! [Mesa]
- Watch one of the world’s most quotable movies with other fans.
- Two comedians will add to the experience – one who’s seen the movie, and another who’s seeing it for the first time.
- Starts at 3pm at the National Comedy Theater in Mesa.
Have fun, and let me know if I missed anything!