This weekend, Phoenix hits 88 MPH, meets The Oatmeal, walks with nerds & zombies, and rocks out with Japanese superheroes.
There are so many Halloween things going on that it’s hard to narrow it all down to the utterly geeky.
But, because I love you all so, so much, I did my best:
Thursday, Oct 25th
- It’s a chance to see one of my favorite movies of all time on the big screen!
- You’ve got to start thinking 4th dimensionally, people!
- 7pm at Harkins Valley Art – totally free, but limited tickets.
- I have yet to regret attending a Rifftrax Live event; they never disappoint.
- The MST3K gang is ripping into Birdemic, which if you haven’t seen is… just… awful.
- 8pm at most theaters – get tickets and locations here.
- I’ll be at the AMC showing on Stapley – let me know if you’ll be around.
Friday, Oct 26th
- Feel like getting a little cerebral amidst the crazy weekend?
- Science Fiction author Kim Stanley Robinson joins other brainiacs to talk art and the future.
- “A freewheeling discussion about the intersections between fiction, art and landscapes on this and other planets.”
- Free and goes from 1:30pm to 2:30pm at ASU.
- Yes, that The Oatmeal.
- Matthew Inman will be discussing his latest book and taking your demented questions.
- At Changing Hands at 7pm. Learn all about it.
- I’d go, but I’ll be at Ignite Pheonix 13, so somebody high five him for me?
Saturday, Oct 27th
- Join your fellow comrades and give the ASU Homecoming Parade some nerdy flavor.
- Last year’s was a blast and I met some really great people.
- Goes from 8am to 10am at ASU.
- Register real quick online, then meet at this location early for donuts and Nerd Shirt distribution.
- There are zombie walks and then there’s the Downtown Phoenix Zombie Walk.
- (It’s big.)
- Hit up Historic Heritage Square and get zombified for the fun.
- The AZ Ghostbusters will be there in full gear, with the Ecto AZ. Awesome.
- If I had an obnoxious high-pitched radio DJ voice, I’d use it to say:
- Biggest Halloween par-tay ever in the hoooouse!
- But I don’t, so you’ll just have to imagine it.
- Starts at 6pm at Monsterland and goes and goes.
Sunday, Oct 28th
- If you haven’t heard of Peelander-Z, all you need to know can be summed up in this music video.
- Dip your brains in deep fried costumed Japanese comic book punk rock.
- Show up around 7:30pm at The Trunk Space.
Feel free to leave a comment mentioning everything Halloween-ish that I left out.
Have fun, everyone!