This weekend, Phoenix celebrates the end of times, the undead, boy wizards, and more.
Oh, October – you’re so wonderfully weird…
Friday, Oct 12th
- This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a 2nd Friday.
- All armageddons will be equally represented, from zombies to elder gods to Mayan calendars.
- (And robot uprisings?)
- Get yourself all Mad Max’d up, or just go as you are – at Downtown Mesa during the evening hours.
- The title I used for this pretty much sums up what I know about it.
- But hey, it’s vampires and it’s October, so…
- Class up your gothiness with some performance art at the Phoenix Theatre.
Saturday, Oct 13th
- Another event I know next to nothing about, but still wanted to mention.
- Involves a “hack attack” and prizes – at the U of AT.
- This one’s for you horror fans.
- Special guests, a live version of Fear Factor as well as Plants vs Zombies.
- Have a sick and twisted time for a surprisingly reasonable price.
- At Ultrastar Cinemas in Scottsdale Pavilions.
- Trivia, costume contest, illegal street magic – stuff like that.
- Be sure to get yourself sorted into a Hogwarts house first.
- I know the Barnes & Noble in Dana Park Village is involved, but haven’t checked the rest.
- Wee bit of info here.
*Just Added: Walking Dead Season 3 Premier Party at The Film Bar. Sunday at 6pm.
Have at it, friends!
Let me know if I missed anything, and have a great weekend.