This weekend, Phoenix does horror-comedy theater, a Mass Effect film, Nintendo rock, and more.
It’s a pretty crazy mix of things to get out and do, which tends to happen in October.
Thursday, Oct 4th
Sneak Preview of Red Sand [Phoenix]
Friday, Oct 5th
Cult Classics: Beetlejuice! [Tempe]
- If you love striped everything, 80′s special effects, and Harry Belafonte, you’re in luck!
- This classic Tim Burton film is back on the big screen with Cult Classics.
- Starts at 9:30pm at the Pollack Theater.
- (Anyone else remember the Beetlejuice cartoon?)
Rapture Horror Expo [Mesa]
- Three days of horror to start your October with.
- Guests, a zombie ball, and probably a few nightmares.
- All weekend at the Mesa Convention Center.
- Here’s their site, but bewaaaaaare… it automatically plays music.
Saturday, Oct 6th
MiniBosses’ 250th Celebration Show [Tempe]
Monsters, Mutants, & Other Tales of Love [Phoenix]
- Five short plays boasting “zombies, mutants, cyborgs, blood, guts, and lots of laughs.”
- I don’t know much more than that, but I’m picturing Borg: The Musical.
- The madness begins at 8pm at Space 55.
- (Shows actually run Thurs and Fri nights as well.)
Have a great weekend, everyone! Share anything I missed, and be sure to stalk me on Facebook & Twitter.