This weekend, Phoenix rocks pirates, Indiana Jones, boardgames, Firefly, and even The Price Is Right.
Stuff yourself with geekery, then help yourself to seconds (and thirds).
Friday, Sept 14th
Pirate Block Party [Mesa]
- Downtown Mesa is filling its streets with swordfights and scurvy.
- (Okay, maybe not scurvy.)
- Join other swashbucklers in tons of Pirate events going on.
- From 6pm to 9pm – learn more.
Saturday, Sept 15th
Arizona Insect Festival [Tucson]
Indiana Jones Marathon [Phoenix]
- Hate snakes? Perfect! So does this guy.
- All four films ( just skip the last one), all day long.
- Starting at 10am at both AMC Ahwatukee 24 & Westgate 20.
- Sounds like melt-your-face-off fun!
Boardgames With AZ Nerdfighters [Tempe]
- Play all the games!
- And get to know the Arizona Nerdfighters.
- (I’ve yet to play Cards Against Humanity, but I hear it’s pretty good.)
- At XtremeBean starting at 6pm.
Sunday, Sept 16th
Can’t Stop The Serenity [Scottsdale]
The Price Is Right [Mesa]
- Fulfill your lifelong dream of hearing you name and getting called down!
- Not really a super nerdy thing, but awesome enough to be mentioned, right?
- 7pm at the Mesa Arts Center – kinda pricey though.
Let me know if I missed anything. Have fun, everyone!