This weekend, Phoenix mixes planets with poetry, zombies with strippers, vampires with teenagers, and more.
Looks like it’s that time of year when nerdy events start skewing a bit zombie.
Thursday, Sept 6th
Planetary Poetry [Mesa]
- While I never really got into poetry, I do love the planets.
- Just ask my wife (who patiently endures my random planet trivia).
- Join other planet fans as they attempt to express the majesty of our “wandering stars.”
- Starts at 7pm at LoFi Coffee.
Friday, Sept 7th
Zombie vs Strippers [Phoenix]
- Of course, if the heavens aren’t your thing, there’s always the alternative…
- When a one-joke film uses the tagline “They want to strip your flesh” you know you’ve got a winner.
- The debauchery begins at 8pm at The Film Bar, with a later show as well.
- Bring the family!
Saturday, Sept 8th
Zombie Movie Shoot [Tempe]
- Walkers needed!
- Shamble yourself into a locally made z-flick.
- Shooting starts at 9AM – learn more here.
The Lost Boys [Tempe]
- Finish off your week with some 80′s vampire goofball action.
- Everyone knows that real vampires have spiky blonde mullets.
- And Cult Classics has moved to the Pollak Theater in Tempe – free parking!
- The fun begins at 9:30pm.