This weekend, Phoenix attains Nerdvana, breathes fire, parties with comic books, and uses the force.
A pretty good mix this week.
Thursday, August 9th
Locally Grown Fantasy [Tempe]
Friday, August 10th
- So many reasons to go to NerdvanaCon – the first being that it celebrates Jayson Peter’s Nerdvana.
- But then there’s the free screening of Buckaroo Bonzai, tabletop gaming, artists, costuming, HeatSync Labs.
- Everything’s free – just show up to Downtown Mesa’s 2nd Friday (bring some water).
- Should be big – here are some more details.
- In your g’arage you’ve got the Dungeon Master’s Guide, a 12d, Kitty Pride, and Nightcrawler…
- But do you have Ace Frehley? Have you got Peter Criss – waiting there for you?
- (You better high five me in the comments if you got that reference.)
- The flamboyant costuming pop-culture icons will be on stage at Ashley Furniture Pavilion.
Saturday, August 11th
Jesse James Comics’ Big Ol’ Party! [Glendale]
- Few people know comics like Jesse James – and this guy has connections.
- Join him and a bunch of other comic book nuts at his store for the self-described party of the year.
- Some big guests and good company.
- Starts at noon and goes until 6pm. Check it, yo.
Star Wars Night! [Phoenix]
- The valley’s best Star Wars cosplayers are showing up to hang out with your family.
- Lightsabers, photobooth, stuff for kids, and prizes.
- But they had me at “death star cake pops.”
- Starts at 6pm at Bookmans Phoenix.
Go forth and have fun.
As always, please share anything I missed and/or what sounds like fun to you!