This weekend, Arizona fights Moon Nazis, Voldemorts, Dinosaurs, Supervillains, and the very elements themselves!
A crazy mix of interesting stories awaits you over the next few days.
Thursday, August 23rd
Harry Potter Party at U of A [Tucson]
- Snape. Snape. Severus Snape. Dumbledore!
- (And now it’s in your head.)
- The U of A Harry Potter Alliance is throwing a bash to start the semester off right.
- Starts at 7pm in the Sabino Room, Student Union Memorial Center.
Friday, August 24
- The obligatory sequel to one of my favorite movies as a kid has its moments.
- Enjoy them with your family at the Arizona Museum of Natural History – 6pm.
- Then stick around and ask some paleontologists anything you want about dinosaurs.
- Dig these details.
Saturday, August 25th
- Had to include this because it was just so random.
- Free and open to the public.
- All day at the LEGO store in the Chandler Mall.
- I bet you reach a kind of LEGO Zen after a while.
- Costumes, activities, and it all goes to charity.
- Donate an item to the East Valley Crisis Center and maybe win some Bookmans credit.
- Plus you’ll feel like a real superhero.
- From 2pm to 4pm at Bookmans Mesa.
- If your kids prefer science to super powers, you’re in luck!
- Gangplank Jr will be showing H2O who’s boss.
- Learn all about it with demonstrations and experiments.
- At Gangplank starting at 2pm.
Steampunk Dinner [Mesa]
- Everything tastes better with a dash of Steampunk.
- Visit the futuristic-past with other fans of the genre.
- At Monsterland starting at 7pm, with activities starting at 9pm.
Let me know if I missed anything.
What will you be up to this weekend?