All right, otakus, you’ve only got a couple of weeks left to get ready for SabotenCon.
Now, having been to SabotenCon last year, I can tell you the following about this convention with great certainty:
- SabotenCon focuses on cartoons & video games.
- There will be tons of costuming going on.
- There will be tons and tons of Homestuck cosplaying going on.
- There will be video games.
- You will very likely meet Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach.
- Timelords may appear young and female.
- There may or may not be a Steampunk No Face to spirit you away.
- Earth, Air, Water, and Firebenders will abound.
- Some girls will only “meow” at you.
- Ninjas will travel in packs.
- Expect more than a few Power Rangers.
- Humanoid Typhoons will flash the peace sign at you, but with a twist.
- Get used to seeing the Nintendo DS.
- You may find yourself trapped in a tiny Pokeball.
- There will be a million things to buy – some things may cause you to make this face.
- There will be furries.
- Some costumes will look really cool (and I will not know what 90% of them are from).
- At least once, you will get lost in a sea of lolitas.
- Giant flags will be waved around.
- Everyone will be there to have a good time.
- There will be much dancing - sometimes in boxer shorts.
Now, my friend, you are prepared. Go and be one with all that is Sabo.
Get your anime on Sept 1st – 3rd, at The Renaissance Glendale Hotel.