This weekend, Arizona stargazes, parties like a road warrior, watches some anime, and plays some super rad video games.
Hope everyone over at SDCC is having a blast. We’ll do our best to have fun here too.
Thursday, July 12th
Startup Weekend Intro [Chandler]
- Not super geeky per se, but I have a feeling some interesting local tech junkies will be here.
- Swing by and learn what Startup Weekend is all about.
- If you are a local creator, it could be a cool thing to check out.
- At Gangplank from 6pm- 8pm.
Summer Stargazing & Music In Outer Space [Scottsdale]
- It looks like some kind of exhibit/performance/stargazing event – not sure exactly.
- At the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Arts at 6:30pm.
- Here’s a Facebook event for it - lemme know what you think.
- (Also, come back the next day for an Arm Wrestling tournament – that sounds awesome.)
Friday, July 13th
Dr Diabolic Show – House on Haunted Hill [Online]
End of The World – Post Apocalyptic Party! [Phoenix]
- Time for some gas masks and spiky shoulder-pads!
- Sanctum wants to party like Mad Max at their End of The World party.
- (Sport a Vault Suit and Pip-Boy for some extra nerd-cred.)
- Starts at 9:30pm and goes all night. Thanks to Jason for the heads up!
Saturday, July 14th
Book & Movie – Howl’s Moving Castle [Casa Grande]
- Meet local author Sharon Skinner and watch an anime classic.
- She’ll be at The Black Box with her book The Healer’s Legacy.
- Starts at 3pm – here are some more details.
Super Rad Video Game Party [Scottsdale]
- Retro games, SFII tournament, prizes, video game art, and raffles.
- Sounds like a super rad video game party to me!
- At Mumble’s Place starting at 8pm.
- Check out the details.
As always, please share what sounds fun to you, or what I may have missed!