Local creatives are awesome, especially when they’re geeks. I like supporting them – it makes me feel good.
The easiest way to help these days seems to be the Kickstarter craze. (Hey, that rhymed!) I’ve never used it – well, never funded anything from it – but it seems to be a pretty effective thing for a lot of people.
And so, I give you a handful of local, geek-centric projects that you can drop a fiver on (or more) then beam with pride the rest of the day for helping.
Some are impressive, some fun looking, but they all claim to be from The AZ.
- This web series from Phoenix wants to breath new life into the zombie genre.
- (Ba-dum – tshh!)
- Actually stars Zarek from Battlestar Galactica.
- The mad geniuses behind Mesa based Kingdom of Loathing have a new game!
- This one’s a word based RPG, and is almost completely funded – over $70k as of right now.
- Even if you can’t help with this one, you should at least watch the video.
- (It’s pretty great.)
- An extremely dark short fantasy film.
- Looks pretty sword-wieldy.
- Perfect for you monster fans.
- It’s hard to describe this one without bringing up StarCraft.
- Pretty impressive looking strategy game.
- If you can’t help fund, they’re also just looking for crowd-sourced feedback.
- Local steampunky goodness!
- These guys do a lot of filming around town, so stay in touch if you’d like to be involved.
- An Arizona made board game that takes place in Arizona!
- I love board games. Hope this one makes it.
- Throw down $600 and they’ll work you into the game.
- I’m a fan of side-scrollers, multiplayer, and cool sci-fi.
- Hope this one does well.
- Some cool character designs.
Help if you can, or support by spreading the word!