This weekend, Arizona goes bump in the night, plays Atari, spins a web, and goes post-apocalyptic.
A solid mix of things to do this week! Try checking something out you wouldn’t normally go to.
Friday, June 29th
- Local author and paranormal investigator Debe Branning wants to freak you out.
- Enjoy some campfire stories (sans-campfire) and learn what she’s seen & heard over the years.
- At Wy-Knot Cafe from 5pm to 9pm.
- Learn more about this event.
- It’s about time the Phoenix Children’s Museum kicked out all the kids and let us play!
- Retro games, Slinky races, and a “HUGE Atari 2600 gaming wall.”
- From 8pm to 11pm. 21+ only.
- Here’s the official info.
Saturday, June 30th
- I know of two friendly-neighborhood-web-slinger celebrations this weekend.
- One is at The Arizona Science Center in Phoenix at 9am.
- The other is at The Arizona Pop Culture Experience in Scottsdale at 11am.
- Check ’em out!
The Strand – Combat Advantage Release Party [Scottsdale]
- Local dungeon crawlers and industrial band members The Strand have a new album.
- It’s called Combat Advantage, and they’ve made a post-apocalyptic short film for it.
- (If I’m not mistaken, using some props made by HeatSync Labs?)
- See both the band and their film at Chasers at 8:30pm.
- Release party details!
Have fun and please share if I missed anything nerd-tastic!