Local cosplayers, costumers, and costume appreciators – this weekend has a convention just for you.
The clothes will make the man (and woman) this Friday through Monday. Claiming to be “the most fun you’ve ever had with your clothes on,” Costume-Con marks its 30th event with competitions, workshops, and general costumery (new word?).
It’s hard for me to write too much about this subject, as I’m painfully inexperienced in the costume realm (I’m a t-shirt and jeans guy), but even I have to admit half the fun of things like Phoenix Comicon is appreciating some of the amazing get-ups.
No matter where you are in your involvement with cosplay, you can probably gain something from this convention.
- Starts Friday, May 11th and goes all the way through the following Monday.
- At the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel.
- Plenty of contests, programming, etc. Including a Future Fashion Show.
- (But will there be lightning boobs?)
- And probably some of the best costumes you’ve seen in a while.
- Membership isn’t for the cheap, however, with the weekend coming in at $75.
- Learn more at their site.
Have fun! I want to see some of these at Steampunk Street IV next weekend.