This weekend, Arizona assembles, uses the force, raises unicorns, and gives away comics.
Wowzers, tons going on this weekend!
If you’re wondering if I’m nervous about speaking at Ignite Phoenix, the answer is AAAAAAAARRRAAAGH!!!!
Thursday, May 3rd
- Word on the street is that there’s some big nerd movie out this weekend.
- Some guy named Joss had something to do with it?
- Die-hards can watch each Avengers’ films leading up to the midnight showing at both AMC and Harkins Theaters.
- AMC’s Avengers marathon is $40, and Harkins’ marathon is only $25.
- Both start at 11:30am and go all day (obviously).
Friday, May 4th
- Anime? Ani-MAYhem!?
- (I see what you did there.)
- Party like an otaku at the Japanese Friendship Garden starting at 4pm.
- Maids, costumes, JFashion, and… anime.
- Learn all about it.
- It’s the Star Wars-iest day of the year!
- Embrace the dork side at The Rusted Nail.
- Star Wars everything starting at 6pm.
- Get your details.
- It’s sold out, but they’ll be streaming it live on their website.
- I am speaking at this thing, so tune in if you want 5 straight minutes of me pacing and waving my arms around.
- Other geek topics being presented include geek heroins, wires, and “the bronie.”
- Starts at 6:30pm at the Scottsdale Center of Performing Arts or streaming on their website.
- The magical farmers behind the book Raising Unicorns will be lurking at First Friday.
- Catch them at Made on Roosevelt Row and learn all about unicorn-omics.
- (Hey, how do you catch a unicorn? Unic-up on it!)
- Okay, just go here to learn more.
- I can neither confirm nor deny if Series 2 of Sherlock is absolutely amazing.
- But we’ll all know soon enough – get a sneak peek at the Phoenix Civic Space Park at 7:30pm.
- I believe some members of local forensic teams will be showing up to discuss their work.
- Could be pretty cool, actually.
Saturday, May 5th
- It’s the perfect day to explore the world of comics – especially if you’re a new-comer.
- Pretty much every comic book store will be participating to some extent.
- But here’s my post about Free Comic Book Day in Arizona for more details.
Arizona Comic Mini Expo! [Mesa]
- This is part of Free Comic Book Day, but some really cool local artists put this together.
- It should be pretty epic and an awesome way to support local comic talent.
- Check out the website then swing by11am to 6pm, if you can.
- I’m going to try to.
As always, please drop a comment if I missed anything, or to share what sounds fun to you!