This weekend, Arizona opens a monster bar, plays Quidditch, and has zombie proms, & picnics.
With Friday being the 13th, the whole zombie world wakes up a bit.
Friday, April 13th
- The day is nigh upon us when the doors of the transformed Monsterland open.
- Part of 2nd Friday – no cover charge!
- Perfect for when you’re thirsty, hungry, and monster-y.
- Here’s their press release.
- Monster art, monster sculptures, monster monsters.
- Still time to submit your art if you’d like.
- Also part of 2nd Friday.
- Here’s a facebook event.
- Round up the young’ns and feed them to your new zombie overlords.
- Or just take them to the Zombie Prom.
- Starts at 7pm at the Slaughterhouse Tucson.
Saturday, April 14th
- Yay, Quidditch!
- Come watch ASU run around on broomsticks vs NAU doing the same thing.
- From noon to three at Sonora Dorms Lawn, SE campus.
- Catch these details, or the snitch.
- The folks you’ll turn to during the inevitable zombie outbreak are having a picnic.
- No, they’re not eating zombies, but they are learning about ‘survival foods.’
- Join them and increase your chances – also from noon to three, at Roadrunner Park.
- Learn more.
- Pretty much the same thing as the teen’s one the night before, but more grown up-ish.
- (Such as prizes for “hottest zombie.”)
- Starts at 8pm at the Slaughterhouse Tucson.
Monsters, zombies, quidditch, dig it…
As always, let me know what you’re up to this weekend, or if I missed anything.