This weekend, Arizona rocks out with super-heroes, runs with super-heroes, acts like super-heroes… and enjoys David Bowie’s sweet, sweet silver pants.
Whoo, I am tired.
Can you guys go out and experience all of the awesomeness that this weekend has in store for me by proxy?
Friday, April 27th
- Your favorite super-hero surf-rocker nerds are in town.
- Their half rock-show half 80’s-Saturday-morning-cartoon performance hits The Nile.
- Doors open around 6:30pm – ride a tiger to some official info.
- Rocks… friends!
- Cult Classics turns screenings of your favorite movies into full blown experiences.
- Shows at 9pm and 11pm at Madcap Theaters.
- Get tickets soon, or you won’t even make it to the oubliette.
Saturday, April 28th
- Dress up as a super-hero. Go running!
- Bring the family!
- Starts at 8am at Freestone park, but I think you need to register if you want to participate.
- Get details here, but don’t watch the video for it… seriously.
AZ ASSIST Gaming Day [Tempe]
- Pretty much a tiny-little-mini-comicon for the family – and kids with autism.
- I’m really hoping this events gets a good turnout and goes well.
- Show up, support, and have fun at this address, all day.
- Learn more with my post about this event.
The Mirror Gate Chronicles [Mesa]
- Local author (and cosplayer) Tim Boyer is discussing his self-published fantasy series.
- Check it out at 2pm at Bookmans.
- Learn more.
*Half-way To Halloween Party [Mesa]
- Julie just tipped me off to this one in the comments. (Thanks!)
- Why wait until October? Let’s have a costume party.
- From 8pm to 11pm at Monsterland.
- Trick or Treat!
The Pause Button has the scoop on this weekend’s video game tournaments.
And I want to give a shout out to friends performing in the Phoenix Improv Festival this weekend!
As always, let me know if I missed anything, or what you think sounds fun.