This Weekend, Arizona hangs with Delta Tau Chis, eats a double helping of steampunk, does some serious computer hacking, and even has a science fiction fantasy convention.
Once again, the Valley of The Sun delivers geekery in its finest forms.
Friday, April 6th
- I love science fiction (a lot), and a decent amount of fantasy.
- Hey, so do the folks behind LepreCon 38!
- Celebrate both at a full fledged con starting this Friday and lasting all weekend.
- At the Tempe Mission Palms.
- Check LepreCon out for guests and programming.
- This is a fun one for steampunk fans.
- The night kicks off with a masquerade ball and wild wild west show.
- Soak up as much steampunk art and machinery as you can handle.
- At the Alwun House starting at 7pm.
- Learn more.
Saturday, April 7th
- The Arizona Steampunk Society is hosting a full day of neo-Victorian arms dealing.
- Learn the fine art of old-timey-ifying Nerf guns.
- It’s a smaller gig at a private residence, so let them know if you’d like to come.
- Watch (or join) local hackers as they compete to “scan and exploit systems on [an] attack network.”
- I know little to nothing about computer hacking (it’s like that 90’s movie, right?), but this game sounds fascinating.
- Starts at 1pm and goes into the middle of the night.
- Here’s a Facebook event. If anyone has insights into this event, please share!
- I’ll refrain from any “hack the planet” jokes.
Rock on, my friends. Rock… on…