This weekend, Arizona hunts Chupacabras,
celebrates old video games, cracks open thousands of books, and more.
Some genuinely fascinating experiences await you this weekend, mighty adventurers!
Go forth and seize them!
Friday, March 9th
- Apparently the donors of the displays pulled everything today.
- ::sad trombone sound::
For some of us, old video game consoles and their games are things of beauty. Opening Friday, the Arizona Pop Culture Museum opens a tribute to video game history. Old games, promos, magazines, power-gloves, and who knows what else. Runs until April 22nd.
- First of all, congrats to The Rusted Nail on one full year!
- Celebrate at the quirky steampunk gallery – starting at 6pm.
- Robots and local artists shall abound.
Get Simpson-ized! [Mesa]
- Phil Ortiz from Simpsons fame is back to turn you into a member of Springfield.
- He’ll be chilling at Gotham City Comics all evening.
- Swing by after you visit The Rusted Nail.
- More details.
- Apparently a self-identified skeptic has spent the last 5 years hunting The Goat-Sucker.
- Hear all about his findings at his lecture, “Slaying The Vampire,” 7pm at Windmill Suites.
- Not into Mexican vampire gremlins? He’s teaching a class on paranormal investigation the following night.
- Read more about it at Jackalope Ranch.
Saturday, March 10th
- Do you like books? Do really like books? Do you know how to read?!
- Come meet at least a bazillion authors (RL Stine? Terry Brooks? Cherie Priest?)
- And join another bazillion bibliophiles like yourself.
- All day Sat and Sun at The U of A.
- Samurai Comics brings together local comic talent for you!
- Go out and meet them, maybe buy their comics, have fun!
- Starts at 4pm and goes until 8pm.
Michael Stackpole & Robert Vardeman at The Ren Festival [Way Out There]
- Mr Stackpole just let me know he and Robert will be huzzah-ing it up this weekend.
As always, drop a comment if you know of anything else, or if you plan on going to anything.