This weekend, Arizona has a seriously medieval war, ends a medieval festival, launches a fantasy book, and shows screening after screening of geek films.
Some big events this weekend! If you’re new here, I post these lists every Thursday.
Thursday, March 29th
Phoenix Film Festival & SciFi/Horror Film Festivals Begin! [Scottsdale]
- Time for me to do my best at watching the 11 Geek Films I want to see here.
- This thing kicks off Thursday night, but goes all weekend and well into next week.
- At that big Harkins on top of the 101 in Scottsdale.
- Learn more at the Phoenix Film Festival’s site.
The Healer’s Legacy Book Launch [Mesa]
- Local fantasy author, local coffee shop.
- Sharon Skinner is launching, reading from, and talking about her book.
- At LoFi Coffee in Downtown Mesa, starts at 7pm.
- Read up on it.
Saturday, March 31st
Estrella War! [Queen Creek]
- You know those people who go completely medieval and beat the crap out of each other with fake swords?
- This is them, and Estrella War is their 2nd biggest event.
- Catch the epicness and get all sword-wieldy at Schnepf Farms.
- Actually began on Wednesday, but I’m guessing most of the action is during the weekend.
- Anyone can attend – here’s a very helpful FAQ on their site, if you’re curious.
Sunday, April 1st
AZ RenFest Ends [Way Out There]
- It’s your last chance to drop in and enjoy some light jousting.
- So get out there and shed a tear as they shut down.
- Here’s their site for more info.