This weekend, Arizona weds with monsters, crashes into the moon, plays Halo, jousts & jousts some more.
Plenty of reasons to rub your eyes and slowly creep out of your house this weekend:
Friday, February 10th
- If your sweetheart is worth dying for, prove it at Monsterland.
- The two of you can renew your vows with a Sinister Minister for $10.
- Read the description of everything it entails here, I think it sounds like great fun.
- Starts around 7pm – part of Mesa’s 2nd Friday.
- (Read Jackalope Ranch’s rundown.)
- While you’re in Downtown Mesa, check out some Valentine themed Munnys.
- You can submit your own for the show, if you can get it in by tonight (Thursday).
- From 6pm to 10pm at The Rusted Nail.
- Learn more from their Facebook page.
- I’m really glad that the FilmBar is alive and kicking a year later.
- Celebrate their tenure with a screening of A Trip To The Moon.
- (You know, the old-timey one with the rocket in the moon’s eye?)
- Plus some live music.
- Shows at 6pm and 7:45pm – details.
Saturday, February 11th
Steampunk Picnic In The Park [Phoenix]
- Pesky ants beware, these picnic-ers may be sporting old fashioned ion cannons.
- It’s a party with the Arizona Steampunk Society, chrononaut style.
- (Kite flying shall ensue.)
- Starts at noon and goes all afternoon at the Steele Indian School Park.
- Let them know if you’d like to join in.
- I still remember when Halo first came out and suddenly everyone had an X-Box.
- Relive Halo at The Microsoft Store with some competitive and free-play.
- Starts at 5pm – here’s a MeetUp page for it.
- This buxom wench of a festival runs for so long I could mention it every weekend for a while.
- Instead, I’ll just share that they’re open for business this Saturday!
- Learn more on their site.
- Whenever I happen to drive past this place, I think of the movie The Wild Hunt, and get too scared to go in.
- (Hey, I made it through without using “Huzzah!”)
Let me know what sounds fun to you, if you’ll make it to any of these, or if I missed anything I need to add!