This weekend, Arizona discusses UFOs, watches some great & terrible movies, raps about video games, eats after midnight, has a tabletop gaming convention, and more.
Want something interesting and unique to tell your co-workers on Monday morning when they ask what you did over the weekend?
Here you go:
Thursday, February 23rd
International UFO Conference [Fountain Hills]
- I will forgo the usual probing jokes… for now.
- Fratrinize with the best the world has to offer in aliens and their agendas.
- All weekend long at the Fort McDowell Resort & Casino.
- Learn more on my original post about the UFO conference.
Everything Is Terrible! [Phoenix]
Friday, February 24th
- Hip hop + Video Games = MegaRan
- If you’ve ever wanted to hear a rap about FFVII, go to this show.
- Check out the local phenomenon at The Stray Cat.
- Doors open around 8pm.
- Cult Classics continues to deliver awesome movie events.
- This time around, it’s with your favorite little 80′s hellions.
- At Madcap Theaters at 9pm and 11pm.
- Learn more.
Saturday, February 25th
Phoenix Vul-Con! [Phoenix]
- If you like tabletop games at all, this is the place to be this weekend.
- Team Vul-Con has some pretty great stuff planned for this convention.
- Saturday & Sunday at the Phoenix Convention Center.
- Check it out and get tickets on their site.
- (I will also be popping up here for a while.)
Arizona Matsuri Festival 2012 [Phoenix]
- Our friends in the East export some crazy geek stuff for us to consume.
- Celebrate their awesome culture at Matsuri!
- At Heritage & Science park from 10am to 5pm.
- Get details.
- Changing Hands wants to give local indie writers a leg up.
- All day at the South Mountain Community Library.
- Not cheap, but most likely worth it if you’re interested.
- (However, their wording makes it sounds as if the ‘pitching’ part may be free.)
Sid The Science Kid [Phoenix]
- Local nerd champion Bob Beard is hosting a “science event” for kids.
- He’ll be at SRP Arizona Falls all morning to teach your young’ns.
- Learn more here.
Flight of the Melvin! [Sedona]
I… AM… your singing telegram…