This weekend, Arizona opens a geek store, closes another, competes with Legos, plays tons of table-top games, and meets some authors.
Enjoy this week’s list of Arizona Nerdology!
(I have an advanced degree in nerdology, with an emphasis in geek studies. Top of my class.)
Friday, December 9th
LuluBell’s Toy Bodega’s Grand Opening [Mesa]
- Let’s give LuluBell a warm welcome!
- Check out their very first show in their new Downtown Mesa location.
- During Main Street’s 2nd Friday, so all evening.
- Here’s my short little post with some more details.
Saturday, December 10th
- I didn’t have time to research many details about this…
- But it’s a LEGO Championship (of some kind), which sounds pretty awesome.
- Seems to be mostly kids competing.
- Starts at 9am at ASU Memorial Union.
- If you’re intrigued, you can find some details here.
- The Vul-Con team is gaming it up, prepping for their big event in a few months.
- If you’re into table top gaming, this should make for a pretty fun Saturday.
- At Samurai Comics. Starts at 9:30am and goes all morning. $10 to get in.
- Check out my recap of the first Arena I got to go to.
- They have some pretty impressive table-top stuff.
- Oh, and you can donate toys while you’re at Samurai Comics for Vul-Con Arena 3!
- From 10am to 4pm, and get a free comic book and 20% off in the store for making a donation.
- Some really good local artists will also be around doing sketches.
- As will the Arizona Ghostbusters with their sweet car.
Sunday, December 11th
- Many of the authors announced for Phoenix Comicon are local and are getting together this weekend.
- Come meet some pretty sweet writers, and maybe get a book signed or two.
- From 2pm to 5pm at The Poisioned Pen Bookstore.
- (Thanks to Jayson & Lee from Nerdvana for the heads up!)