This weekend, Arizona “abides,” plays Iconica, watches anime, and meets Mr Eragon himself.
As you awake from last weekend’s food coma, you find yourself in a large but populated desert.
“Many adventures lay before you,” cackles a mysterious, eight-armed figure. (Your party’s magic-user detects he is a low-level blogger.)
“Here is this week’s list of Arizona geek action… Choose your path!”
Thursday, December 1st
Iconica Game Night [Glendale]
- Remember when I got my sweet new logo?
- Eric Torres, the guy who did it for me, also makes a well reviewed fantasy game called Iconica.
- Learn how to play from the man himself.
- At Imperial Outpost Games, starting around 6pm.
- Facebook event page here.
The Big Lebowski & The Life of Brian [Phoenix]
- Fall in love with that rug all over again. (It really tied the room together, ya know?)
- Then enjoy some old school british silliness.
- At The Film Bar in Phoenix.
- The Dude is at 6:30pm and Brian at 8:45pm.
- Here is the full info.
- If you prefer Japanese cartoons, hang with your fellow otakus at The Royale.
- It’s their monthly Anime Night, where they show multiple episodes of something crazy.
- Check it, yo.
Friday, December 2nd
Attack The Block [Mesa]
- I hear it’s a crazy fun alien-invasion flick.
- Check it out on the big screen at The Royale.
- At 7pm, and you can also stick around to see Saint at 11pm.
- It’s about an evil Santa… kinda.
Saturday, December 3rd
- Alright, raise your hand if you read Eragon.
- I never have, but apparently it was quite popular for a while, and the movie had Bald John Malkovich.
- The young self-made author behind this phenomena is speaking (and signing) this Saturday.
- At Burton Barr Central Library in Phoenix around 2pm.
- Check out the details at Changing Hands’ site.