This weekend, Arizona sticks its tongue to a pole, turns teenagers into nerds, and sells local creations.
If you’re tired, hungry, cold, bored, anxious, surrounded by zombies, or stuck in a space-time-loop, I may be able to help you with the fourth one.
Here’s this week’s list of geek events around town:
Thursday, December 15th
- I hope most of you can quote this movie pretty much verbatim.
- Shoot yer eye out at Harkins Scottsdale 101 (which I guess is technically in Phoenix?).
- Starts at 6:30pm.
- Behold the fra-gi-le details and ticket info here.
- I can’t say I’ve ever seen this movie surrounded by other fans. I bet its pretty fun.
Saturday, December 17th
- Laughing Moon Con is is a sci-fi/fantasy/gaming/comics convention.
- But it’s designed to introduce a younger generation to the experience.
- Some guests and lots of gaming.
- Happening at Desert Edge High School from 11am to 11pm.
- Here’s the official site and the whole event is just $5.
Red Hot Robot Holiday Open House [Phoenix]
- You know all those local geek gift ideas I’ve been sharing?
- Wrap up all your local geek shopping at this event.
- Plus free treats!
- Steampunk and retro sci-fi artists will be there, including Steamcrow and Spaceboy Robot.
- From 12pm to 4pm at Red Hot Robot.
- Get the deets, yo.
If I missed anything, or if you plan on going to any of these, please share, share, share!