This weekend, Arizona steals red staplers, watches giant monster movies, fills a street with steampunk, and has another geek convention.
A lot of action on Thursday again. Tons of fun stuff this weekend. Going to try to get out, at least a little.
Enjoy this week’s list of Arizona geek action!
Thursday, November 10th
Office Space Party! [Tempe]
- Yeeeeeah, I’m gonna have to ask you to come to this thing in costume.
- Cast aside your case of the Mondays at 7pm, at The Sail Inn.
- Free if you can prove your name is Michael Bolton. (They’re big fans!)
- Get the details here before I have to talk about to you about your flair.
- It’s a giant monster movie born here in Arizona.
- And it is very memorable! I’ve seen it.
- Playing at The Royale at 7pm.
- Learn more at Brick Cave Media.
Captured! By Robots [Phoenix]
- Sometimes when you create robots to play in your metal band, they rebel and enslave you.
- Such is the case with Captured! By Robots – a freaky rock band that actually uses robots.
- At the Rhythm Room around 8pm.
- Solid details over here.
Friday, November 11th
TusCon 38 [Tucson]
- What the… another con in Tucson?
- Yep – all weekend long at The Hotel Tucson City Center.
- “The best little SciFi, Fantasy, Horror convention in Arizona!”
- Learn all about it here.
- Listen to legends in the video game design industry, inventors, astronomers, and more.
- At the Mesa Arts Center at 4pm and through the evening.
- Check out TedxPhoenix’s site for more.
Steampunk Street III [Mesa]
- And just down the street will be Steampunk Street!
- I’ve been to the first two, and both drew huge crowds.
- The Victorian retro-future is everywhere, from costumes to vendors to inventions.
- All evening (usually picks up around 7pm) in Downtown Mesa.
- Here’s the official website for more.
Saturday, November 12th
- Okay, not super-geeky, but it’s all about bloggin’n’stuff, which is what I do.
- And I know quite a few of you that are presenting!
- At University of Advanced Technology all day.
- Register for free and you may catch me lurking Saturday morning/evening.
Have fun, share anything I missed, and please Spread The Geek!