This weekend, Arizona plays a lot of geek movies, plays with stop motion animation, & has a comicon!
Hey look, it’s an early geekend (oh, I said it) post!
I’m heading out of town this weekend, plus for some strange reason there are a lot of things going on Thursday night.
Thus, early post.
Thursday, November 3rd
Crash Course In Stop Motion Animation [Phoenix]
- For teens from 12 – 18, but I kinda want to crash the party myself.
- Learn some of the magic behind making these kinds of films yourself.
- Swing by Bookmans Phoenix from 6pm to 7pm if you’re curious.
The Man Who Fell To Earth [Phoenix]
- A movie about an alien David Bowie.
- Reason enough to go see it.
- At The Film Bar at 6:30pm.
- Check out the trailer, etc.
Anime Night [Mesa]
- If Bowie’s amazing 70s hair isn’t your thing, try some Anime.
- Japanese cartoons on the big screen, surrounded by your fellow otaku.
- At The Royale from 7pm to 9pm.
- Learn all about it.
Monty Python & The Holy Grail [Phoenix]
- This better sell out, even if geeks have to traverse huge tracks of land to get to it.
- Bring out your dead if you have to.
- (I can keep going.)
- Also at The Film Bar, starting at 9:15pm.
- Say Ni! to these details.
Friday, November 4th
Gears & Rust Robot Art Show [Phoenix]
- Local artists are showing off their metal creations.
- I’m feeling a retro-futuristic kinda vibe from this thing.
- Show starts at 7pm at Red Hot Robot.
- Here’s a gorgeous flyer, and here’s a FB Event page.
Scott Pilgrim vs The World [Mesa]
- Their last screening sold out online pretty fast.
- Get tickets soon if you want to fall in lesbian with Scott with other fans.
- The event is from 8:30pm to 11pm at The Royale.
- More details at the bottom of their events page.
Saturday, November 5th
Tucson Comicon! [Tucson]
- It’s a full on comicon!
- Extremely affordable (I hear it’s like $3?) and always gets great reviews.
- Saturday and Sunday at the Bookmans Event Center.
- Learn everything you need to know on their site.
- (Have an awesome time without me, Tucson!)
There you go – seven reasons to get out, have fun, and meet the other geeks that live around you.
Let me know if I missed anything. Have a great weekend!