This weekend, Arizona goes to SabotenCon, raps about nerd-culture, creates comic books, & discusses ghost hunting.
Ahh, the weekend approacheth. I hope I can help you make the most of them with these lists.
Friday, September 30th
- Perfect if you like giant robots, giant hair, giant eyes, and … okay giant everything.
- The three day celebration of all things Anime begins on Friday.
- At the Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix.
- I will be there in the evening, as well as Saturday afternoon.
- Learn more on my post about SabotenCon 2011.
MC Chris! [Scottsdale]
- W0rd, yo. MC Chris is gonna melt your bespectacled face off.
- Check out the guy whose rap albums have names like “Dungeon Master of Ceremonies.”
- At The Martini Ranch, around 6:30pm. Local favorite Mega Ran will be there too.
- Droppin’ some mad details!
- (Seriously, check out that flyer for an idea of what you’d be in for.)
Saturday, October 1st
24hr Comic Book Day! [All Over]
- Join local comic book artists and writers as they hunker down for one full Earth rotation.
- The goal is 24 pages in 24hrs, and local comic stores are joining in the fun.
- Here’s a list of Arizona locations participating.
- And Nerdvana has a few more details.
East Valley Paranormal Society At The Library! [Mesa]
- Learn a little about ghost hunting from a local crew.
- They’ll share experiences, secrets of the trade, show off some equipment, and take questions.
- Starts at 1pm at the Red Mountain Library.
- Details here.
Sunday, October 1st
Dan Aykroyd Returns! [Glendale]
- Looks like this original Ghostbuster isn’t done with Arizona.
- Dan is coming back, this time to a Sam’s Club, to meet fans and sign bottles of Crystal Head Vodka.
- Starts at 11am and goes to 1pm – no box-mart ‘membership’ required to meet him.
- Get your details.
- Thanks to the Arizona Ghostbusters for the heads up!
Let me know if I missed anything, or if you might get out and attend one of these!