This weekend, Arizona mocks robots, opens a mini-convention center, shoots Star Wars characters, visits Rynaga, and more.
It’s been a crazy week with comic stores closings, Apple CEOs resigning, and me burning through Ready Player One.
But soon, the weekend will be upon us:
Thursday, August 25th
ROBOWAR Riffed [Mesa]
- Take one wacky bad sci-fi flick.
- Add one improv troupe making fun of it.
- And you have your Thursday night.
- Starts at 7pm The Royale.
- Riff these details.
Friday, August 26th
- The Cade Gallery likes to present nerdy pop art.
- This time around, it’s all about monsters.
- Check it out and play their classic arcade games.
- Read all about it over at Jackalope Ranch.
- Or as I call it, that movie with Buckaroo Bonzai in it.
- Enjoy amazing “robot walking” and cronies mutating in toxic sludge.
- At The Royale at 9pm – details.
- Go see it or there will be… trouble.
Saturday, August 27th
Super Hero Day [Mesa]
- Starts at 11am at Gotham City Comics and goes all day.
- Some cool local artists will be around.
- Prizes for creative superheroes and free comics for kids.
- Sport these details.
EventurCon Opening [Glendale]
- Celebrate Jesse James Comics’ 2nd trip around the sun.
- Oh, and they’re opening a mini-convention center too!
- Check out the Facebook page for an idea of what that means.
- I’m pretty intrigued, and John Layman will be there.
Iconica Game Night [Mesa]
- It’s no secret I’m a fan of this locally made indie game.
- Learn how to play from the creator himself.
- At The Gamers’ Inn from 6pm to 9pm.
- Learn more at Rynaga’s gorgeous new site.
Sunday, August 28th
Lasertag With Star Wars Characters [Peoria]
- Sometimes the Rebel Alliance, Mercenaries, and The Empire work together.
- Especially if it’s for charity.
- Join Star Wars costumers as they lasertag and mini-golf for a cause.
- All proceeds go to Operation Homefront.
- From 6pm to 9pm at Wazee’s World.
Get out and have some fun this weekend, and maybe hunt for Halliday’s egg while you’re at it!
::goes back to reading::