This weekend, Arizona beats down aliens, preps for zombies, and roasts a reanimated HP Lovecraft.
Makes sense, right? I mean, this is typical weekend stuff we’re talking about here.
The same old thing – nothing original.
Friday, August 19th
Attack The Block [Tempe]
- The internerds have practically been snogging this British movie.
- Playing at the Harkins in Tempe Marketplace.
- Including a midnight showing (Thursday night).
- Swing by Harkins’ internet-website-page for showtimes, etc.
Saturday, August 20th
Zombie Research Society Public Meeting [Phoenix]
- It’s been a while since I mentioned the local chapter of the ZRS!
- This month’s open meeting is all about bug-out-bags.
- They’re exactly what you’ll want when Z Day arrives.
- At Bookmans Phoenix from 11am to 12pm.
- Details, details.
The Birthday Roast of HP Lovecraft [Phoenix]
- On his 121st birthday, Lovecraft will once again become corporeal.
- Then he will be roasted.
- Enjoy performers risking their eternal sanity by mocking the man behind the Mountains of Madness.
- At 7:30pm at The Trunk Space in Phoenix.
- Exhume some horrible knowledge and details here.
So, when your co-workers ask you what you did over the weekend, you can half-heartedly tell them, oh you know, the usual.