This weekend, Arizona throws a steampunk party, a comics party, an anime party, and a sci-fi party.
(Partying, partying, yeah!)
Tucson brings us some geek action this weekend, which is always fun to see.
Friday, July 29th
- It’s anime, it’s a convention. It’s an anime convention.
- A couple of weekends ago there was one in Flag, this week, there’s one in Tucson.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the Hotel Arizona in Tucson.
- Learn everything you need to know at AnimeLand’s site.
Saturday, July 30th
- So, apparently there’s no Can’t Stop The Serenity event this year in Pheonix…?
- But there will be one in Tucson, and they’re doing their best to prepare.
- Help out by picking up some art from local browncoats.
- At the Espresso Art Cafe on University from 10am to 4pm.
- Learn more from the Arizona Browncoats.
- Hurray Science Fiction! One of my favorite parent-genres.
- If you feel the same way, swing by Gotham City Comics in Mesa between noon and nine.
- Movies, trivia, costumes, and more. Should be a fun little shin-dig.
- Check the details, yo.
- A steampunk-gaming-mystery-theater experience? Balderdash!
- Dress up all top-hat-and-goggled if you want, but don’t feel like you have to.
- At the Old Spaghetti Factory in Downtown Phoenix from 4pm to 10pm.
- Get tickets and details at Con-Fabulation’s site.
- And Nerdvana also wrote about it, as did Phoenix New Times.
After SDCC Party [Glendale]
- Seriously, if you’re interested at all in the local comics scene, you should attend Jesse James’ comics parties.
- Tons of local artists show up and network and have a good time.
- At Jesse James Comics from 6pm to whenev’.
- Here are more details on Jesse’s Facebook.
And be sure to swing by Press The Pause Button for a more in depth look at the local gaming events going on.
Have fun, cephalobots, and don’t forget to leave a caption on yesterday’s post if you haven’t already.
I’ve got two Bookmans Giftcards that aren’t going to give themselves away.