This weekend, Arizona tries to catch a $$60 Billion man, breaks the first rule of Fight Klub, opens a new indie theater, and sends zombies to the beach.
I’ve been out of town (and out of the loop) the last week. I hope everyone enjoyed the much haboob’d haboob. We missed it.
On the plus side, I enjoyed some wicked fireworks, my family, old school NES, and some sweet Star Trek: TNG on Netflix.
This weekend it looks like most geek action is happening on Friday.
Friday, July 8th
- Catch The Humanoid Typhoon in his own flick!
- (When it comes to Anime, Trigun has always been a favorite of mine.)
- Shows start Friday at the Valley Theater on Mill.
- Go here for showtimes all weekend.
- It’s time to once again answer the call of Mortal Kombat.
- If I’m not mistaken, the guy running this thing also happens to be undefeated… ?
- Sign up and see if you can finish him (see what I did there?) on his own machine.
- At The Cade Gallery around 7pm.
- Ahhh, finally!
- The East Valley’s own little indie film house opens its doors!
- Check the place out and enjoy The Room (and Hobo w/ A Shotgun).
- At 8pm, and kinda part of Mesa’s 2nd Friday.
- I will definitely try to be there.
- This one doesn’t really need too much more description, does it?
- At Evermore Nevermore at 9pm.
- (Also kinda part of Mesa’s 2nd Friday.)
- If you’re over 18 and would like to participate, bikini-wise, let them know!
And The Pause Button has a solid list of other gaming tournaments going on this weekend, so check them out too.
It’s good to back in The AZ – I hope I see you out this weekend!