This weekend, Arizona puts its comicon costumes back on, gets some genre books signed, rocks out with wizards, and gets its Octocon on.
Wow, tomorrow is Lightning Octopus’ first birthday! It seems like only yesterday is was violently bursting out of my chest cavity, wide eyed and eager for human flesh.
Or, maybe I’m mixing that memory with something else. Hard to say.
Lots to do this weekend, friends – including my own little shindig way down there at the bottom of the post.
Thursday, June 9th
- Costumes? Music? Yep.
- Free, and probably really fun. I might swing by.
- At the Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts from 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Official details, but not much more, here.
- (Here’s some more context behind the whole idea.)
Friday, June 10th
- The Arizona Pop Culture Experience is excited for that Green Lantern flick.
- If you are too, swing by Friday, Saturday, or Sunday to enjoy GL themed goings on.
- They’ll have costumed heroes about and will be giving away swag and prizes.
- Learn more on their (slightly old-school) site.
- Hey, it’s 2nd Friday, which means that Evermore Nevermore is probably doing something geeky for passers-by.
- Oh look, they are!
- This month it’s a round up of local genre authors at a Bizzare Book Bonanza.
- From 6pm to 10pm.
- (And peek inside The Royale while you’re down there, if Andrea lets you.)
Saturday, June 11th
- On more of an undead note, authors Weston Ochse and Yvonne Navarro will also be signing books this weekend.
- At Barnes & Noble – Metro Center from 2pm to 4:30pm.
- Learn more here.
- They will rock you like no other band of boy wizards can.
- If you’re wondering who Harry & The Potters are, just think of their band name and whatever you are envisioning in your mind is most likely exactly right.
- From 5pm to 8pm at this place in Tucson.
- Get the skinny here.
- Bustin’ mad sonnets ’bout steampunk topics!
- (That kind of rhymed, right?)
- Do better at Gotham City Comics from 6pm to 8pm.
- Enjoy Jackalope Ranch’s take on it.
- Oh this thing?
- Oh, it’s just this little shindig I’m throwing for fans of the blog and for LOs first birthday.
- From 7pm to whenev’ at Gangplank in Downtown Chandler.
- If you want to, bring a geek-themed birthday cake, wear a sweet costume, or just show up!
- It’s a nerd party, so be as geeky as you want to be.
Now get out and enjoy your weekends!