This weekend, Geek Arizona gets to know Star Wars, Dunnys, comics, wizards, and violent video games a little better.
And we’re not complaining. I love when I get to write about geeky weekends in Arizona with lots of variety, and this weekend is no exception.
I hope you find something interesting to get out and do/try/checkout this weekend:
Thursday, June 23rd
- “Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away…”
- I’m guessing that’s how Star Wars Story Time might start, anyway.
- Local Star Wars costumers are showing up around 1pm at Bookmans Phoenix to help.
- Bring the kids and your imaaaaagination!
- Some geeks love toys.
- Sometimes, those same geeks like Dunnys.
- Geeks who love Dunnys should love Red Hot Robot.
- The three will combine at 6pm.
- Details on Facebook.
Friday, June 24th
- An indie-sci-fi-western-spaceship-musical-series?-film?-thing? No idea.
- Looks absolutely bizarre, but actually got decent reviews.
- (I admit I’m kind of interested in seeing this.)
- Starts Friday night but plays all weekend at The Filmbar Phoenix
- Get all the details and showtimes at their site.
Saturday, June 25th
- Jesse James is gathering up some of The AZ’s local comic talent for another party.
- Starts at 10am at his shop and goes all day.
- Then stick around for the Hawaiian themed “after party.”
- Get your details on Bookface.
- Get together with fellow wizards and burn through the movies all day.
- Starts at 10am and goes until 10pm. Show up whenever.
- Raffles, trivia contests, snacks, a magic show, and more.
- Tickets for the whole day are $20. (It’s a fundraising event.)
- Going down at this place in Chandler.
- Learn more at the Harry Potter Movie Marathon website.
- Free to enter, but boasts some decent giftcards as prizes.
- At Gotham City Comics at 2pm. Bring your own paddles.
- Learn more on The Pause Button blog – including a few other tournaments going on.
Anything else? Let me know!