This weekend, Geek Arizona parties with aliens, genre authors, comic books, and Mario.
These weeks are going way too fast lately. I feel like I was just writing last week’s list of geeky things to do. And, holy crap, Phoenix Comicon is almost here.
And it’s not too late to submit your own caption to the contest from earlier this week. Winners will be posted tomorrow.
Thursday, May 5th
- So, apparently there’s a movie where Thor fight’s The Hulk.
- It looks terrible, so of course I really want to see it.
- (Especially with other nerds who enjoy bad movies.)
- Showing at Evermore Nevermore at 7pm.
- Free, but they’re accepting canned foods.
- More info at EN’s site.
Friday, May 6th
- Come on, people, these [censored] conspiracies [censored] unless we [censored] US government [censored] the truth!
- At the Haulapai Medical Center’s Conference Hall in Kingman.
- Starts Friday and goes all the way through Monday.
- Get the details and tickets at their site.
- And if you’re into conventions but not necessarily UFOs, LepreCon is this weekend.
- An intimate convention focusing on SF/Fantasy writing & gaming.
- Goes through Sunday at Tempe Mission Palms.
- Check out my original post about LepreCon, and learn more on their site.
- This cult indie flick treads a fine line between horror and comedy.
- [Skipping all the other awful tire puns I thought of.]
- At Madcap Theaters with shows 8pm and 10pm both Fri and Sat.
- Get details and tickets here.
Ken Tanaka at Cade Gallery
- The Cade let me know that YouTuber Ken Tanaka will be at their place Friday night.
- Starts at 7pm – get details here.
- Thanks, guys!
Saturday, May 7th
- Not enough bullet points to give you all the details on Free Comic Book Day in Arizona.
- In short, go to a comic book store this Saturday and more likely than not, they’ll have some free comics to give you.
- The Phoenix Comicon has a great list of shops involved.
- And Jayson of Nerdvana brought together a ton of information on each store.
Mario Party & Video Game Tournament [Phoenix/Mesa]
- No, not Mario Party the game, an actual Mario Party.
- At Bookmans Phoenix from 11am to noon.
- Details at Bookmans’ site.
- And Bookmans Mesa is hosting some more tournaments in their store.
- Register at noon and start fighting at 1pm.
- Tournament details here.
Let me know if I missed anything and please share what you might hit up if you’re getting out.