This weekend, Geek Arizona fights alien invasions & welcomes massive nerd invasions.
This week’s “weekend” post is coming at you a little early. I’m posting it today because the rest of the week I’ll be blogging about this thing that’s going on – some kind of nerd convention. I may have mentioned it.
And yes, I’m starting “this weekend” with Wednesday.
Wednesday, May 25th
- The internerds have been all over this British movie.
- Not sure if tickets are still available – check here.
- Begins 7pm at the Tempe Marketplace Harkins.
- I’d totally go if I weren’t busy; I really want to see it.
Thursday, May 26th
- Registration begins at noon!
- In theory, the lines should be pretty smooth this year, but show up early if you can.
- Then spend the rest of the weekend having a good old fashioned nerdy time.
- I might go. Maybe.
Friday, May 27th
- The Firehouse in Phoenix is totally down with some geek action, yo.
- They’re throwing their own geek party downtown with some 8bit & circuit bending DJs, and some sci-fi rappers.
- Wander over in your comicon costumes and do the robot while you’re there.
- Starts at 9pm and goes until the sun comes up.
Saturday, May 28th
- While you’re downtown, check out some dead bodies!
- Bodyworlds at the Arizona Science Center is packing up come Monday.
- Skip on over and see them before they go!
See you this weekend!