This weekend, Arizona rocks video game music, brings back Steampunk Street, beams in a Star Trek convention, listens to Stephen Hawking, and doth protest too much.
Believe me when I say there is a lot going on this weekend for we of the nerdy persuasion.
Thursday, Apr 7th
- Listen to musicians play all of those famous repetitive tracks you know from video games, live.
- (Great, now I have the Zelda lost woods song in my head.)
- This should be a very cool event, with old school gaming involved as well.
- At the Mesa Arts Center starting at 7:30pm.
- Details and tickets here.
Friday (it comes after Thursday), Apr 8th
- Speaking of video games, there’s a tournament going on for charity the next day.
- Admission is $8, and is open to the public.
- At Corona Del Sol High School in Tempe.
- Check out the Facebook event page for more.
- Great Scott, this one is going to be crazy.
- Seriously, this thing has mutated and evolved into some sort of super-event for nerds.
- SciFi Fashion show, Improbable Invention Competition, live nerd-rock, Star Wars art show, and even the Midnight Movie Mamacita will be showing up with some films.
- The heart of the action is Evermore Nevermore in Downtown Mesa.
- Check out everything that’s happening on their site, as well as my original posts on the Steampunk Street part of it.
- I should be wandering about, so follow me on Twitter if you want to connect.
Saturday, Apr 9th
- So many cheesy Star Trek jokes, so few bullet points.
- We’ll skip them this time and just say it’s a Star Trek convention, which is all you really need to know.
- Jayson of Nerdvana has a great breakdown of the guests and where they belong in Star Trek cannon.
- At the Sheraton Crescent Hotel in Phoenix.
- Mind meld with me for more details.
- Get classy and listen to The Planets while enjoying gorgeous NASA photos of my favorite things in space.
- Followed with a speech by Stephen Freaking Hawking!
- Takes place in ASU Gammage at 7pm.
- Learn more and get tickets here.
- This is a great little comic shop, with a very cool vibe.
- Video Game tournaments, sketches,
- Starts 6pm at their store in downtown Mesa.
- Check out their flyer for more.
- I’m really hoping some of you can make this and bring some geeky signs.
- If so, I want to see pictures!
- They’re meeting at this location in Phoenix at 1pm, and protesting for about a half-an-hour.
- I have more details on my Fake Protest post.
Sweet geeking, everone!
I hope I’ll see some of you Friday night!