This weekend, Geek Arizona gazes at Patton Oswalt, Saturn’s rings, and dashing warriors.
There are some pretty wild, wacky, and messy things going on this weekend. I hope some of you can get to a few of these and will share pictures.
Thursday, Apr 28th
- Mr Oswalt enjoys stirring the geek-culture pot up a bit.
- Catch him signing is latest book, Zombie Spaceship Wasteland.
- At Changing Hands Bookstore from 4pm to 6pm.
- Afterwards he’ll head to the Mesa Arts Center for some stand-up.
- Here’s my original post about Patton Oswalt coming to AZ.
Friday, Apr 29th
- Hang with other space junkies and gaze at The Big S on the roof.
- There will be experts on hand to answer your nerdiest space questions.
- At the Bateman Physical Sciences Building H-wing Main at ASU.
- Get all the details here.
Saturday, Apr 30th
- It’s the craziest, filthiest, costumiest race ever.
- Although a bit of a roadtrip to get to it, I admit.
- Looks like registration is closed, but you can still go watch the madness.
- Details on their site.
- It’s another big local comics party at Jesse James Comics.
- Meet local creators throughout the day.
- Then, stick around for a “Pre-Phoenix-Comicon Party” starting around 6pm.
- Event page and flyer here.
Let me know what you’re up to this weekend, or if I missed anything!
Zombie Research Society Meeting
- I’ve been reminded that the Zombie Research Society is having a public meeting.
- This Saturday from 3:30 to 4:30 at Bookmans Phoenix.
- The bloody details.
- Thanks for the reminder, Zoe!
Redefining Video Games Event