This weekend, Arizona gets Wild Wild with Steampunk, opens an old-school arcade, reactivates the Red Hot Robot, and celebrates the Whedon-verse.
Friday, Mar 4th
- If Steampunk is your thing then this convention is right up your alley.
- Enjoy a couple of days in a SciFi-Victorian-Western paradise with fellow fans at Wild Wild West Con.
- Going on all weekend at Old Tucson Studios.
- Phoenix wants to make Flynn happy – and perhaps offer a portal into his world?
- The Cade Gallery is opening its doors, so stuff your pockets with quarters.
- They’ll be showing off some Star Wars pop art, playing chiptunes, and taking you back to the 80’s.
- Party starts at 7pm.
Saturday, Mar 5th
- Hearing that Red Hot Robot was leaving its original location made us cry synthetic tears.
- A lot of local geeks and geek artists have fond memories of this place, including your truly.
- Well, join the fun as the Robot re-opens this weekend at their new location.
- From Noon to 7pm.
- Here’s a flyer, and here’s a Facebook event page.
- Worshiping The Joss has all but become a standard card-carrying Geek activity these days.
- The Arizona Browncoats know this, and together they celebrate the glorious creations wrought by our favorite master of SciFi television.
- Usually held at Bookman’s Phoenix, this month’s “shindig” will be held at The Gamers’ Inn in Mesa, at 7pm.
- Come out, meet other fans, and discuss your favorite Buffy episode.
- ::cough:: HUSH! ::cough::
- Get more details here.
*Matthew “The Oatmeal” Inman [Tempe]*
- I’ve been reminded that I neglected to mention The Oatmeal himself will be in town.
- Where was my mind!?
- 7pm at Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Get your details!
Hey, if you like staying on top of Arizona’s local nerd scene, why not like Lightning Octopus on Facebook?
So, are you doing anything fun this weekend?