It’s time for some fresh-from-the-oven tid-bits and bite sized news surrounding Arizona’s geek scene, just like mom used to make.
Here’s what I picked up this week:
The Phoenix Comicon’s Badge Art Contest is on!
- Bust out your mad skills and have your art on some of the badges everyone will be wearing.
- Check out Phoenix Comicon’s site for the details.
A local artist is in Voltron’s official art book.
- I love writing “local artist” and “Voltron” in the same sentence.
- Here’s the artist and here’s the book.
The Phoenix New Times mentioned a few geeky things.
- Daniel Davis’ artist group, Tiny Army, got some love from The Jackalope Ranch.
- Plus they wrote up a recap of last week’s UFO Conference.
- And, okay, this was technically from last week, but they also wrote a bit about the new Cade Gallery in downtown Phoenix – which happens to open tonight.
SabotenCon moved their Facebook page.
- Make sure you “Like” the new one if you want to keep getting updates.
Geek costumes should abound at Phoenix’s Mardi Gras tonight.
- I’ve picked up some buzz around many-a-Star-Wars character being part of the parade.
- Also heard that more than a few zombies might show up.
- Here’s their FB site if you’re interested in checking it out/participating.
The Arizona Ghostbusters and SpaceBoyRobot will be hanging around First Friday.
- The Ghostbusters will be crossing the streams at 501 E Roosevelt.
- The man behind my robot octopus will be in front of Made Phoenix.
Lightning Octocon 2011 is in 99 days!
- It shall be a nerd party for the ages.
- Here’s my Facebook Event Page, where you can RSVP and check out all the other folks who are coming.
- Invite & bring your friends.
Got any tips on the nerd scene in Arizona? Want to get the word out on something?