Time for your weekly update on all things geek in Arizona.
Open your mechanical beaks and consume this buzz, cephalobots:
Wild Wild West Con vows to return and changes its name.
- For some reason, they’re thinking of calling it The Grand Western Steampunk Festival.
- It’s more accurate, I guess, but I wish they would replace the word “grand” with a (much) more interesting adjective.
- (What would you replace it with?)
- Comes back March 1st through the 4th in 2012 – at Old Tucson Studios again.
The Phoenix Comicon Badge Art Contest ends tonight at Midnight.
- Get your submissions in soon!
- Check out the details on their site.
You can still win tickets to Video Games Live coming next month.
- Our friend Jayson of Nerdvana is giving away some sweet passes to his readers.
- Follow him on Twitter and Facebook for chances to answer some trivia and be entered into a drawing.
I added Empire Games to the Local Nerdery Map.
- Its over in Mesa on the right hand side.
- Haven’t been yet, but it looks pretty swanky for a game store.
- Anyone been?
Got any tips on the nerd scene in Arizona? Want to get the word out on something?